Permits & Licenses | Masterlist Exemption Facility

For foreign investors into Indonesia planning to engage in manufacturing or natural resource production activities, customs duties exemption is available through a masterlist process. Construction material, capital equipment and raw materials for production may be considered for exemption.

 Contact one of our associates at Prudenta Business Advisory for assistance with Customs & Immigration services, including:

  • Customs Registration and Identification Number (NIK)
  • Importer Identification Number (API)
  • Special Importer Identification Number (NPIK)
  • Bonded zone and warehouse registration
  • Masterlist application


  • Masterlist for materials for construction and production equipment during the development phase
  • Masterlist for raw materials during the production phase

Estimated time
14 working days upon receipt of all complete documents

Documents required

  • Articles of Association, with all amendments and approvals, and complete company registrations
  • Principle License from the BKPM (Izin Prinsip)
  • Latest Capital Investment Activities Report (LKPM)
  • Complete list of items to be exempted based on BKPM module
  • Taxable Company Registration (PKP)
  • Customs Identification Number (NIK)
  • Importer Identification Number (API-U or API-P)
  • Detailed production process including calculation of raw materials, production process flow chart, and technical specification of materials and equipment
  • Calculation of required materials and supplies according to the production type for primary equipment
  • Site plan and layout of machinery and equipment
  • Imported Goods Notification (PIB)
  • Invoices for the purchase of domestically produced equipment
  • Customs duties exemption approval letter  (SP Pabean)

Prevailing regulation(s)
Regulation of the Minister of Finance No. 176/PMK.011/2009 regarding customs duties exemption facilities for capital investors


Related Services

Disclaimer: Materials downloaded from our website do not replace sound legal advice.